Getting your business cloud ready
By Helen Cole | 02/08/16 | IT Solutions
In today’s working environment, you want to give your employees the opportunity to work wherever they choose, whether in the office, at home, or on the road. To enable this you will need to make sure they can:
- Access the tools they need from anywhere
- Stay productive across a growing number of device types
- Collaborate and work together across different locations
- Keep data protected wherever it goes
Choosing the right cloud strategy can seem a little daunting – what should be moved first, what can wait and what can’t be moved? Moving to the cloud doesn’t have to be an all-or-nothing decision. Pick and choose what cloud based services and applications you feel comfortable using (such as Office 365), see what works best for your business and take it from there. Moving to the cloud can be easier than you might think, our cloud experts have put together this helpful guide
With our experience and expertise in helping small and medium sized businesses – we can help you make the move and support you at every step – our aim is to make things as simple as possible.
Only 11% of businesses feel that they are cloud ready.
Get your business ready for cloud services
- Learn – It is essential you understand the cloud first. You need to know what the cloud capabilities are, how it works and how it can impact your business. This will help you identify key areas and goals where the cloud will benefit your business the most.
- Evaluate – Assess and identify applications and services you would like to move to the cloud and what you want to achieve. Remember you don’t have to move everything at once, start simple and gain valuable experience.
- Technology – Is your current IT environment able to support cloud services? Do you have a decent internet connection? Moving to the cloud will change how traffic moves through your network. By not having the right technology in place, bottlenecks can result in poor performance and higher costs.
- Plan – Decide when you want to make the move and create a timeline. Schedule all events and make sure everyone involved is aware of what is expected of them – this is key to a successful cloud migration.
- Ask for help – If your business does not have the experience consider partnering with a cloud provider to help you navigate your cloud options. Choosing the right partner is crucial, take time to evaluate providers to ensure you find the best fit cloud solution.